Landing gear Modul
The Modul series of landing gear is extremely versatile. Thanks to its modular construction with variable mounting and operating heights, various crank handles and connection shaft lengths and different foot types, all client requirements can be met.
OPTIMA is the weight-optimized landing gear for longdistance transport applications. The Modul B is the proven best-in-class landing gear that can be compiled individually according to customer requirements and offers very versatile use. The Modul C range consists of various landing gears which are designed for special applications.
All ranges offer convincing product advantages: the integrated gearbox has optimum protection, and requires minimum force to be applied on the crank handle in both directions. At the same time, Modul offers an extraordinary increase in lift of up to 120 mm combined with smaller dimensions for fitting. It goes without saying that the landing gear is extremely sturdy and complies with the strict AAR standard.
The landing gear is not a standalone, functional device. It is designed to be mounted on a trailer. The vehicle may not be operated until it has been ensured that the towed vehicle with the support complies with the applicable national road traffic regulations. In Germany, the relevant “TÜV” Safety Regulations and “StVZO” Motor Vehicle Safety Standards are to be observed. The telescopic landing gear is always to be used in conjunction with the instructions for use issued by the manufacturer of the relevant trailer.
Tried-and-tested Modul system
Since the market entrance Modul landing gears are setting benchmarks. The modular construction allows a multitude of different varieties.
- Easy to assemble and replace foot system
- Greatest flexibility of installation thanks to a range of back plates
- Various crank handles and connection shaft lengths
- Significant gain in lifting force compared to comparable products
- Attractive design
- For universal application
- Type reduction thanks to modular system guarantees high level of flexibility in spare parts business
Advantages of Modul landing gears
Patented Modul drive
The patented drive is perfectly protected by the internal construction. In addition it offers various advantages in daily use:
- Easy to change between high and low gears
- Very compact construction with high efficiency and extremely low wear
- Large lifting force per turn of the crank with low crank force allows easy and convenient operation
- Reliably secured against run-down
Locations worldwide and a broad network of dealers ensure qualified support.
- Competent and individual advice from Sales and Customer Service
- Support for our customers using CAD data during the planning phase
- High level of prevalence and global spare parts supply with short delivery times
- Easy to repair, such as using our foot replacement system
- Regular inspection during series production based on the strict AAR standard
- Quality management in accordance with IATF 16949:2016
- Environmental management in accordance with ISO 14001
- 3 year guarantee
Outstanding corrosion protection
Landing gears from JOST are especially sturdy and resist also unfavorable exterior conditions.
- Careful pre-treatment
- Premium surface through powder coating
- Long-lasting protection against environmental influences and stone chips
The Modul landing gears are equipped with a long-term lubrication. Therefore they can be used three years without relubrication.
- Long-lasting, maintenance-free drive
- No need for subsequent lubrication of our premium stabilisation and aluminium landing gears with lubrication tube
Various crank handle lengths for individual adjustment to thevehicle width.
|Order No.||A (mm)||B Low gear (mm)||C High gear (mm)|
|Order No.||E (mm)|
JS E030.001 and JS E030.007: The crank extension support is welded to the semi-trailer chassis.
JS E030.004: The exterior chassis control is bolted to the landing gear.Assembly only possible with back plate above (01) or double back plate (03).
|Order No.||A Low gear (mm)||B High gear (mm)||Operation|
Mounting kits for bracing
The shear and transverse forces that occur mean that bracing is required for the landing gear.Mounting kit (without bracing):
|JS E020.001||Mounting kit, standard (28 bolts and nuts)|
|JS E020.002||Mounting kit, double plate (48 bolts and nuts)|
|JS E020.003||Back plate|
The following illustration shows an example of bracing:
Bracing brackets for individual adjustment.
|JS E010.001||Bracing bracket, loose|
|JS E010.002||Clamp for bracing bracket|
|JS E020.004||Nut and bolt for clamp|
|JS E010.010||Bracket with clamp mount and fitting|
Lubricating nipple for lubricating spindles and spindle nuts.
|JS E0084000||Grease nipple|