HF-E for heavy duty and special transport
HF-E Hydraulic Steering System
The HF-E steering arrangement is a hydraulic system which is used primarily for heavy duty or special transports. Common applications of the HF-E steering system are (semi) low loaders, where the loading deck height is critical and the trailers can be extended. The HE-E steering system steers 1 up to 7 steered axles with the option to counter steer the first axle(s).
Besides the fact that the HF-E steering system allows the trailer to meet the turning circle requirements, it provides better manoeuvrability and reduction of tyre wear. The manoeuvrability of the trailer can be enlarged by extending the HF-E system with TRITRONIC manual steering.
- Fuel consumption
- Tyre wear
- Vehicle maintenance
- Vehicle damage
While making a turn, the movement between the truck and trailer is transmitted by the fifth wheel plate, locked into the fifth wheel coupling by the steering wedge. The movement of the fifth wheel plate activates 2 cylinders in the fifth wheel unit, which are connected to 2 cylinders at the axles of the trailer. These cylinders steer, using steering rods, the individual axle units, which are connected with track rods to the steering lever of the axles.
HF- E for heavy duty and special transport
- A HF-E system enables you to steer 1-7 axles on a trailer.
- Suitable for most forced steered axles. Axles with a shock absorber behind the axle are easiest to apply. Also a wide track and the widest possible spring centre facilitate easier application of the HF-E system.
- RDW test report according EEC guideline (70/311) for most common (max. 5 steered axles) HF-E configurations available at request (no. 56210054 and 56210125).
- Special TRIDEC spline bolts used for most bolt connections. No loosening of bolts and re-tightening not necessary.
- Gross weight: 585 kg (1 axle steered), 700 kg (2 axles steered). Net weight of steering system is reduced due to the replacement of a conventional rubbing plate with the TRIDEC fifth wheel unit.
- Possible steering angles: up to 45º. Axles are the limiting factor.
- Components: fifth wheel unit (linear/progressive), steering- and track rods, axle units, hydraulic control box.